Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Sad news

Hi folks.
Sad news this post -- I've mentioned Knittiana here a few times. She was very ill for a long time, and had been waiting for a heart transplant. We just heard recently that she had died.
She was an inspirational and incredibly brave person, and she meant a lot to the folks in Edinburgh. If you're not an organ donor already, I'd urge you to read about it (here if you're in the UK, or Germany, the US, or Canada). It's a big step, but it's something you should know about before you decide one way or the other.

There'll be more to write about this later, but just now I just want to say that we all miss her.
Hugh.

1 comment:

Jhadur said...

I should also mention giving blood:
http://www.scotblood.co.uk/
I haven't done it for way too long, and I know there are lots of people who can't, but it is amazingly convenient here in Edinburgh.